Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Streetwalking with Jesus arrives


I had preordered a copy many weeks ago so was surprised and delighted when the delivery arrived at my doorstep of Deacon John Green's new book Streetwalking with Jesus. Green's Emmaus Ministries is a great example of kingdom unity on the streets of my hometown Chicago. I know a number of people connected to this Ministry and I am so glad that there is now a book that explains the ministry and holds up missional ecumenism as a model for Christians at work on the margins. I know that I will be challenged by the book to, as the subtitle says, "reach out in justice and mercy." If I were in Chicago I would go to the book party that Cardinal George, the archbishop of Chicago, is speaking at on Sunday.
From my perspective and the perspective of this blog, it is a blessed thing to see a book on Christian ministry receiving endorsements from the Archbishop of Denver and a professor at Moody Theological Seminary!!








No comments:

Post a Comment